The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

June 26, 2012

A note on the WGI winning stories


Ordinarily I would begin the process of posting the winning stories right away. But because there has been an immediate interest this year from some zines, I want to give the winners the opportunity to consider whether to publish their stories here or elsewhere.

Publishing in a quality zine rather than on my blog could be a boost to the story and author. But there are many zines that will not republish, they want only original stories. So although I know several folks are anxious to read the winning stories, hang on to your patience while the authors try to sort out what's best for them and their stories.

2 comments:

  1. Not only is that a good call, it's a great gesture on your part. I look forward to reading the work wherever it is. Congratulations to the winners, organisers and those who took part. Whoever gets the work will be very lucky, I have no doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're including your story in that statement. If by some weird circumstance you don't find a home for Blue Danube Waltz, I'd love to publish it here.

    ReplyDelete