The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

July 21, 2010

Pulp Fiction

All these years, I still haven't made it to PulpFest, but I'm going to make a big effort this year and hope that Real Life accomodates me. One reason I'd like to go, beyond the obvious, is the panel on pulp westerns, described thusly: "Don Hutchison, Bill Nolan, Robert Randisi, Ed Hulse, and Laurie Powers discuss the evolution of the Western from Max Brand and the general fiction pulps through Wild West Weekly and beyond." Wonder if I could get them all to sign one of my Max Brand books... Plus, there's a separate interview of Bill Nolan scheduled. Yes, he of Logan's Run fame. I can remember reading that book before I ever really developed a taste for SF.

PulpFest runs Friday, July 30th – Sunday, August 1st at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Conference Center  in Columbus, Ohio.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds way cool! We all hope you can make this and devote a post or two on it. Thanks, Naomi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could go to more of these. Looks like so much fun.

    Love Logan's Run! I saw it at a drive-in movie theater on a double bill with Star Wars, circa 1977.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never read Logan's Run, but I saw the movie when I was probably a preteen and I loved it. They might have made a sequel, but I loved the movie and it turned me on to Sci-Fi. I'll have to get the book because they're always better than the movies.

    ReplyDelete