And the winners are:
- Beat on the Brat by Nigel Bird.($25)
- When You're a Jet by Joe Hartlaub ($15)
- Ghostman on Third by Chad Eagleton ($10)
- Hanging Curve by Dan Ames (a bye into the next WGI)
- The Big Fuzz by Liam Jose (a bye into the next WGI)
My thanks also to the judges: God love Aldo Calcagno, the well-known and greatly respected maestro of Powder Burn Flash and Darkest Before the Dawn webzines. I pestered the poor man to death, but he remained calm and patient with me through it all. And if you don't know Elyse Dinh, you've missed meeting one of the brightest, funniest people in the cyberworld. Elyse is a voracious reader of crime fiction, blogger (Pop Culture Nerd) and freelance editor. She's also a former news reporter who occasionally had contact with lowlife, but is 90% sure it didn't rub off on her. The rest of us put that percentage a bit lower. My thanks also to a subsection of the Franklinton Writers Group for breaking ties and adding insight.