The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

May 3, 2010

WGI: Latest entries and need for a judge

The latest contenders for an invitation to the Watery Grave Invitational are:
A LOVELY SHADE OF BLUE by Michael J. Solender published by A Twist of Noir
CROSSED DOUBLE by Joseph Hartlaub published in Thriller 2, edited by Clive Cussler
PICKUP ACROSS THE RIVER by Mike Dennis published by A Twist of Noir
MR. PARKER AND THE GUN by Matthew McBride also published by A Twist of Noir

And I'm very pleased to see that Keith Rawson has wrung a little time out of his overcrowded schedule to accept the automatic invitation bestowed on him as a result of his third-place finish in last year's WGI, Inspired Love.

There are lot of familiar names I haven't seen lining up to take a swim though. You know who you are, and all you have to do is email me a link to your story. Before noon EST, Friday.

I'm casting about for one more volunteer to be a judge, as I somehow misplaced my local volunteer. Judges don't have to read all the applications, they need read only the original stories written by the invitees. Unfortunately I have no rewards for the judges, other than my gratitude. If you're interested in judging rather than writing, shoot me an e-mail at beauvallet@aol.com. Scratch all that. I have a volunteer. Hehehe.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like this year's WGI is going to be another great one, Naomi. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lp13, thank you. My only regret is not being on the writer's side of the contest this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try, but I will be away for several weeks. I will look on with great interest of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, you will be missed, no doubt about it. You can see by the list in the sidebar that the women have been heavily outnumbered so far this year, regardless of the fact that women took first and second place last year. And you won't be missed just because of your gender either. You write quality fiction, and I can never get enough of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too kind as always, Naomi. I will be reading, just not writing. Should be great stuff.

    ReplyDelete