The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

May 7, 2010

Take me out...

The hour of noon now being past, I've drawn the names of the ten lucky recipients of an invitation to the next phase of the Watery Grave Invitational Short Story Contest. My sincere thanks to all of you who submitted your stories for the Watery Grave contest. I enjoyed the wide variety of stories and I deeply regret that for some of you, the contest is over. 

These ten writers will join Keith Rawson and Jimmy Callaway (top five finalists from last year's competition) in creating original crime stories of 3500 words or less based on the theme of: Baseball. A game, the equipment, a player, a fan, a uniform -- whatever. Weave baseball into or around your story. The deadline for emailing your story to me is noon EST, May 24.

Congratulations to the invitees:

AJ Hayes
Chad Eagleton
Liam Jose
Matthew McBride
Kathleen Ryan
Kieran Shea
Chad Rohrbacher
Dan Ames
Joe Hartlaub
Nigel Bird
Again, thank you all for participating. This is much more fun for me than for you, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Naomi! I'm thrilled to be participating in the WGI short story contest. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tick, tick, tick....two weeks. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete