The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

April 9, 2010

Short takes #8

I'm trying to stay on top of my webzine reading, but really, who could and still do anything else? But here are three excellent online stories I've recently read:

MENDED by Lee Hughes at Thrillers, Killers 'n' Chillers (and not at A Twist of Noir; thanks for catching my error, Paul!). Yes, it's horror, but like the best horror it has a certain poignance that extends the creepy factor.

MY NAME IS PRISCILLA by W.D. County at Spinetingler. I don't even know what to say about this one. You just have to read it for yourself.

EVERYTHING TASTES LIKE WHISKEY by Scott Wolven at Plots With Guns. I could see a novel coming from this character and story.


  1. Oooh... I must check these out. Thanks, Naomi.

  2. Hi N,
    I loved both Scott Wolven & Leee Hughes stories. I haven't read the other one, but I will. Mended is at THRILLER KILLERS N CHILLERS btw

  3. Thanks for catching my error, Paul. I had the link right but the attribution was wrong.

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.