The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

April 8, 2010

I've Got You Under My Skin

That's right. The first issue of NEEDLE is now available. But don't go looking for the website or the pdf file. No, sir. This is an ink-and-paper production. You can order your copy at

For a mere pittance - $7 - you can read a story by Keith Rawson in its rightful milieu: the john. You can be inspired by the bold Hilary Davidson when you're riding the bus to work and that weirdo next to you starts to engage in frottage.  Let Dave Zeltserman's story encourage you to file for divorce before the blood starts to drip.

And there's still more. Sixteen stories in all, and by authors you've come to trust for good short crime fic: Paul D. Brazill, Sandra Seamans, Cormac Brown, Christopher Grant, Eric Beetner, Jedidiah Ayres, Kieran Shea, Steve Weddle, and still more.

Seven bucks. It won't kill you. NEEDLE will.


  1. Nice post, Naomi. I think I'm going to have to order this. Thanks.

  2. Well, you know, Keith Rawson and Steve Weddle will just keep bombarding us all with PR until you do.

  3. All this talk about anthologies that's flying around the web, David -- can we look for one from BTAP?

  4. You know my stories so well, Naomi

    And I've said it before and I'll say it again: Who's gonna pimp us unless we pimp ourselves?
    I want Needle to succeed(and PWG, Thuglit,BTAP, ATON....and, of course, Crimefactory.)so everyone is going to get bombarded with Crimefactory and Needle PR until it's runing out of their eyes, noses, ears, and mouths!

  5. Thanks for your great post, Naomi. It's a good day when a new pulp magazine appears on the scene. And with NEEDLE, you can actually roll it up and hit anyone who attempts frottage!

  6. Good thing I know you have a sense of humor, huh, Keith? And that I know that you know that I love your work. (Hm, I feel like I'm in a scene from The Princess Bride...)

  7. Hilary, that's what I thought: NEEDLE serves multiple purposes.

  8. Naomi,
    I've ordered this magazine and am looking forward to reading it.

    My wife and I have used Lulu to make family cookbooks, calendars with family pictures, and other such items. We've always found them to be high quality.

  9. Really? Calendars? I'm thinking about a calendar of flowers for my mom. I handmade a cookbook one year for one of my sisters, but it would be very nice to have an actual printed cookbook of family recipes. Thanks for all the ideas, Joe!