The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

September 2, 2009

WGI Update: High tides and misdemeanors

Allow me to extend an overdue expression of gratitude to Sandra Seamans for publicizing the WGI on her wonderful blog, My Little Corner. To any struggling writer not familiar with her blog, shame on yez! You're missing out on one of the most helpful blogs around. And Sandra knows a good thing when she sees it, because I received her application for the WGI today.

Another oversight of mine: I'm forever thanking them, because they're always helping me out or encouraging me or even just indulging me, but Jen at Jen's Book Thoughts and Michael at Lazy Thoughts From a Boomer: Thanks for helping to spread the word about the contest on Twitter and beyond. And for not laughing at me.

Today's applicants, in the order I received them:
Eric Beetner: The Last Bullet
Paul Brazill: The Tut
Sandra Seamans: Survival Instincts
Patricia Abbott: The Tortoise and the Tortoise
Also, one more e-zine is now represented by one of the applicants: Beat To a Pulp. Check'em out.

So on Day Two, we're up to 14 applicants for the 10 invitations. Still plenty of time for you crime fic writers to get your links submitted for a shot at one of those invitations. What have you got to lose? One email, big deal. Unless you wangle one of the invitations, you don't even have to do any work! And if you get one of the invitations, you have a 33.3% shot at one of the cash prizes. Is this a great contest or what?

(I hope my math is right.)

4 comments:

  1. Damn, Patti and Sandra? Consider me officially shaking in my boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great contest! Looking forward to the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very much welcome, Corey. Anything I could do to help spread the word of this was my honor to do so. Happy to hear of the momentum its gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith, yup, you better be at the top of your game.

    Bev, thanks for hanging in there. Someday, I promise, there will be stories and not just updates.

    Michael: momentum? If only. But for a first stab at one of these, I'm pleased with the response. At least I won't have to go out and beat the writing bushes looking for participants.

    ReplyDelete