The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

September 5, 2009

WGI: I've been laughing all day...

Okay, I admit I wasn't laughing when Navy was getting ready to go for two, but other than that, yeah. And it wasn't an Ohio State win that had the chuckle reflex working overtime. It was the names of the two applicants I received this morning for the WGI. Okay, it wasn't their names. It was the thought of the collective reaction when other applicants see these names:
James Hilton: Greek Fire

(Oh, sure, after you thought about it, you remembered that that James Hilton [Goodbye, Mr. Chips; Lost Horizon] is no more, but you know your eyebrows shot up at first. And judging from the location of this photo, this Jim Hilton may very well know where Shangri-la is.)



Sophie Littlefield: Granny Panties

(Yeah, this time you're right. That Sophie Littlefield. As in Bad Day For Sorry. She says I can call her Sophie... Uh, but naturally that will have no influence on the judges. None whatsoever.)

7 comments:

  1. She's gonna be a big star, no doubt in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Look. Out. Corey. ;-)

    Oh, and me thinks OSU was peaking ahead in the schedule to next week. Hmm... And from the other side of the house:

    Son - "Go, Buckeyes!"

    Spouse - Silence (but she's doing that Trojan 'V' thing with her fingers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you've raised your son right.

    I don't think the Bucks were looking ahead. I think the D is really weak. The Trojans are going to come in to the 'Shoe as heavy favorites because of their ground game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Littlefield! Oh I'm so going after that broad if we get picked for this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea Sophie!! And what a story title! :)

    ReplyDelete