The above illustration, "Blowing Bubbles," has been adapted for use here by generous permission from the artist, Cyril Rolando.

August 27, 2009

Judging panel is complete.


If there are as many people who actually enter this contest as there are offering to help judge it, the Water Grave Invitational could turn out to be a keeper for this blog. At any rate, the judging panel is complete and consists of yours truly (hey, it was MY idea!); the inimitable Dave Zeltserman (long may he prosper, but may his Patriots falter frequently); and rounding out the panel is the notorious Aldo Calcagno, who handles the Powder Burn Flash and Darkest Before the Dawn e-zines.

It's a real relief to know that if all goes well, I get all the credit. If things go badly, I now have two scapegoats.

9 comments:

  1. Dave Zeltserman (long may he prosper, but may his Patriots falter frequently)

    That was mean - funny as all hell, but mean ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start to get a little antagonistic right around this time every year. Can't think why. If you think that was mean, come see me on Sept. 12...

    Go BUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Pete Carroll just named Matt Barkley to become the first true freshman QB to start an opener for USC. That's got a lot of attention around these parts. Whether you see him start at Columbus is another matter, though.

    p.s., my son will be cheering your Bucks on the 12th (as he wants to be a UCLA grad).

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about some appropriate theme ♫ music for this contest? Say, this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mancini is always good, and 'Peter Gunn' is most apt. Hence, you have now been named the Official Music Director for the WGI. That means when I'm ready to announce the winners, I'll let you peek at the stories and select a piece of music for each. Howzat? Great job: no pay and no bennies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I would be honored (as long as you don't mind me crashing and burning with my choices). Thanks, Corey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confident that you will make excellent choices.

    ReplyDelete